Mushroom Drinking Game was submitted by Jeff G, USA.
OVERVIEW of Mushroom Drinking Game:
A nice little game that’s EASY to play. The Mushroom Drinking Games is one that requires some good hand-eye coordination when placing cards on top of a glass otherwise you’ll be drinking, which of course the God of Games is hoping happens.
If you want to crank up the difficulty with this game then make sure it’s played late in the evening when people are already very merry… There are going to be a lot more mistakes made which means a lot more drinking. Which is the goal right?
This is also a good game to play if you want to have good conversations with friends. Bust out alcohol that has a vile taste to make mistakes more interesting so the goal isn’t necessarily to get wasted, but to see who bows out first from taking too many shots of Jagermeister. Let’s be honest, that’s a vile drink to shot by itself!
Enjoy the Mushroom Drinking game fellow mortals!
Here’s What You Need:
- Alcohol (a variety if you want to make it more “interesting” for the drinker)
- A deck of cards
- A glass for the middle
- At least 2 people… With a max of 6 otherwise, the game is too slow
Place a glass in the centre of the table, which should contain either a 2–3 shots of whatever spirit at hand or a bit of everyone’s drink.
Start off by placing one card on top of the glass. Going clockwise, each player must place a new card on top of the glass with at least 2 corners of the card off the edge of the cards already on top of the glass.
If you knock a few of the cards off you take 3 drinks. If you don’t place at least 2 corners of the card off the edge, take 2 drinks and have another turn.
If you knock off the majority of the cards you must consume the glass. The crowd decides whether or not it was the majority of the cards… So be mean or nice as you like!
Enjoy! You make want to bring 2 decks of cards for this game…
THE RULES IN BITE SIZE CHUNKS:
- Place a drink in the middle of the table.
- Place the deck of cards on the table.
- The first person places a card on the cup.
- Each proceeding player must stack a card on top of the glass and have at least two corners of the card off the edge of the “mushroom”
- The player who knocks the majority of the cards off the glass has to drink the entire contents of the glass in one go.
- If a player only knocks off a couple of the cards, they must drink 3 fingers.
- If two corners of the card places on the mushroom are not off the edge, the player must drink 2 fingers of their drink.