Par 100 Drinking Game, submitted by Tuki, England.
OVERVIEW of The Par 100 Drinking Game:
A great game for wine lovers… Or for those who like to chug wine. You don’t need to use wine but it seems to be a good choice for a punishment drink! Tuki showed the God of Games this one whilst in Fiji and it was a popular game when it wasn’t you having to drink the wine.
You might need to go over the rules a couple times but it’s a fun game once you’ve grasped it!
Here’s What You Need:
- Alcohol… We like to play with wine!
- Pen or Pencil
- An uncanny ability to guess a number between 1 and 100
This game is great to play with a bottle of wine and a glass.
Whoever is going to start gets to pour the forfeit drink which is however much wine is poured into the glass.
Whoever starts has to write down a number between 0 and 100, which is called par, and fold it up. Make sure you remember it because you are no longer allowed to look at the piece of paper.
The player starts saying “To my left (or to my right) par 100”, the first person guesses the number on the piece of paper. They guess a number between 0 and 100. If they’re wrong, the person who wrote the number tells everyone what the number is now in between, For example, if the number written down is 68. If the first player guesses 50, the person who wrote the number would say “50 and 100” because the number is between 50 and 100.
Now the second player guesses 72. Now the person who wrote the number down says “50 and 72”… You get the point. People are slowly narrowing the range down to what the number could possibly be.
If it comes back round to the person who wrote down the number, their guess must be 1 number lower than the highest number in the current range. For example, if the range is 11 to 39 the player must guess 38. Whoever gets the number exactly, LOSES. Or if whoever wrote the number down forgets the number, loses. They must drink the forfeit drink.
Now whoever lost gets to start the new round. Everyone loves wine, right?
THE RULES IN BITE SIZE CHUNKS:
- The player who is “it” writes down a number, secretly, between 0 (or par) and 100 on a piece of paper and then folds that piece of paper up.
- Only the person who wrote down the number knows said number and cannot look at the piece of paper again until it’s revealed.
- The game begins with the person who is it saying “(to my left OR to my right) par 100”
- The next person, in the direction the person who is “it” says a number between 0 and 100.
- If the number written down is between 0 (par) and the number guessed, the person who is it says “par (the number guessed).”
- If the number is between the number guessed and 100, the person who is it says *“(the number guessed) 100.”*
- On the second guess, if the number guessed in-between 2 guessed numbers, you say it’s in-between the two numbers. e.g. If the number written down is 33 and the first guess was 60 and the second guess was 25, the person who is it would say “25 and 60”
- The loser is the person who guesses the exact number or if the person who is it forgets the number they wrote down.
- The player who lost drinks the forfeit drink.
- The forfeit drink is poured by the person who is “it” before they write down the number.
- It can be their own drink, or the group can buy a bottle of wine and all forfeits are poured from the bottle.
- If it comes back around to the person who is “it”, the person who is “it” MUST pick the number 1 number below the highest number. E.g. if it comes back around and it’s between 32 and 44 then the person who is it must guess 43.