Irish Snap Drinking Game was submitted by Hannah, Dublin, Ireland.
OVERVIEW of Irish Snap Drinking Game:
You’ll need the luck of the Irish with you for this game… The risk of injury is high! Ladies, be prepared for a broken nail. It’s a real risk. But I promise Irish Snap is an awesome drinking game.
This is a great game with a bunch of new people and you want an icebreaker to play. Even if they’ve never played regular snap before it’s a pretty easy game to understand. If it does become too difficult then Jacks is a great alternative!
Make sure your reflexes are on point otherwise you’ll be drinking a lot.
Here’s What You Need:
- A minimum of 4 people
- Space to get physical
- Quick reflexes!
This is very similar to the traditional game “Snap” except instead of trying to get all of the cards you are trying to get rid of all your cards.
All the cards are dealt to all the players and they are kept face down. No one is allowed to look at his or her cards. Going clockwise each player plays his or her top card by placing it face up in the centre. Each player plays one card at a time. As cards are being played you say the card values in numerical order, e.g. Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on… Trust me, it makes sense in a moment!
If two of a kind appear, a Jack appears or what was said was laid on the pile, everybody must “snap” the pile by slapping their hand on top of the pile and keep it there.
The last player to snap the pile must take the pile and said it to the bottom of their own pile and take 2 drinks. They then start the new round and start by saying “Ace”
Keep playing until two people remain. The last two people remaining must take 2 drinks.
May the luck of the Irish be on your side!
THE RULES IN BITE SIZE CHUNKS:
- Deal all cards to players face down.
- Everyone takes their pile keeping them face down and then go around clockwise placing one card at a time in the middle of the table face up.
- As cards are laid, the players must say card values in numerical order, starting with the “Ace”
- You have to “snap”, or slap the pile in the middle of the table, on:
- All Jacks
- Two of a Kind (values only)
- If What Was Said, Was Laid
- Everyone has to snap. The last player to snap takes the pile and turns them face down and places them at the bottom of their own pile. If you snap when you weren’t suppose to, you pick up the pile.
- If you pick up the pile, you take a drink.
- Once you have gotten rid of all your cards you are out, but you have to win one more snap to be out. If you have to snap on your last card, you must win more snap afterwards.
- Continue playing until 2 players remain!